Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Stamping on Onesies

I have been interested in stamping on onesies for a long time, but put off trying because I thought it would be difficult to get good results. Finally, I tried it and I am very happy with the results. This is a great idea for a cute, quick gift for a new baby. So easy to personalize with the baby's name. It will be one of the projects that we will do on Friday, March 14 at my Baby on Board! Class @ 7pm.

Supplies used:

white onesie
Wild for You stamp set T-2727
Toodle-Bet stamp set T-2740
TAC Palette inks: Chartreuse and Prussian Blue

Directions:

I would suggest stamping a sample design on paper (trace outline of onesie) before you do it on the fabric. Slip a piece of cardstock inside the onesie so that the ink does not soak through to the back. Ink up your stamp well and be careful not to rock it as you are applying pressure. After I was finished with all of the stamping, I used a hair dryer for a minute to heat set the ink. I think a heat tool might get a little too hot for the fabric.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I love this I just want to ask what kind of ink do you use?

Love,
Diana

Lisa said...

Hi Diana,
Thanks for leaving my first comment! I use the Palette inks for this. I love the fact that they are a hybrid ink, they have so many uses.

Unknown said...

cute cute cute!!!

Unknown said...

those onsies are sooo cute!!! Palette inks rock!

Bridgett Owens said...

I LOVE this idea!! I am so excited to be in your downline! Thanks for sharing such an awesome project!
~Bridgett Owens

a la mode blog said...

so glad you are blogging and hope to see you next week at shannons!!
sara

Anonymous said...

Love the Onesies!! rita

Ginger Serafin said...

I'd love to see a follow to learn how they stand up to washing.

Barb said...

These are adorable! Great gift for new mommies!